Summer Work Permit 2011
OBTAINING WORK PERMITS DURING SUMMER 2011
Work permit applications may be picked up and processed in your school’s career center through Thursday, June 23. Work permit applications can also be downloaded at:
After Thursday, June 23, work permits will only be processed at:
Capistrano-Laguna Beach ROP – Main Campus
31522 El Camino Real
San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675
Hours for Work Permit Processing:
Mondays and Thursdays
June 27 – August 29
(Closed Monday, July 4th; will be open Tuesday, July 5th due to the holiday)
Beginning Friday, September 2, work permits will be issued in
your school’s Career Center 8:00am-3:00pm.
- Applications must be signed by the employer.
- A parent or guardian must also sign the application.
- A social security number is required to process a work permit.
- Students need to bring the completed application along with their ID (Driver’s License, School ID, Passport, or copy of Birth Certificate).
- The completed “official” work permit is signed by the student and taken to his/her employer.
- Each new job requires a new work permit.
- There is no minimum GPA required for summer work permits. All permits expire in September, five days after school begins.
Entertainment Work Permits:
Entertainment Work Permitswill not be issued at the designated ROP site during the summer. Procedure for obtaining an “Entertainment Permit” in the summer:
Download an application at: http://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/DLSEForm277.pdf
During summer, the “school record” section is left blank. Attach a copy of the minor’s recent report card. Send completed application, including a self addressed, stamped envelope to: Division of Labor Standards
Entertainment Work Permits
6150 Van Nuys Blvd. Room 100
Van Nuys, CA 91401